Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy Friday!

Not much is happening these days, as Larry and I both get into a routine, and are getting used to him being on afternoons.  The big excitement around here lately is the upcoming Chinese New Year. It's the year the year of the rat, and Singapore is very busy decorating and getting into a festive mood.  Larry and I are going to Chinatown this weekend, to see the preparations, and scope out a good spot for the actual festivities in a few weeks.  
Larry is also planning a trip home in the next few weeks, for work, so we're getting him ready for that as well.  

Larry's big excitement is that I made him 'Pickle Pops'.  Please, no comments on how we need hobbies or a pet...we know we are weird, we embrace it.  Being so far from home, we tend to do what my Auntie Frannie says: "make your own fun".  It's the little things in life that makes us happy anyway. Larry LOVES pickles, as I have mentioned before on this blog, so with the leftover pickle juice from his most favorite brand from Texas; Bestmaid I made him pickle popsicles.  And...he actually eats them.

Here's proof:
I'm thinking about submitting my secret recipe for these babies to Martha Stewart's magazine.


MY big excitement is I am up to 45 minutes on the elliptical machine, and vaguely, almost, kinda, sorta, don't hate it as much anymore.  AND it is mandarin orange season here in Asia....a little mouthful of sunshine. I've pretty much been eating them till I barf.   They are tiny, easy to peel, with no seeds, with an intense sweetness and orange flavor. YUM.  And if that wasn't enough, it's also Australian mango season, which is also very exciting for this fruit lover!  They are a little sweeter, and not as perfumey (is that a word?) as the normal, asian mangoes that are usually in the wet markets.
As many of you know my very favorite holiday is VALENTINES DAY!! I found a neat little bake shop, and they are doing a work shop on valentine cookie decorating, and I signed up. Hopefully it's not just me and ten 12 year olds, because I'm hoping to meet some friends! 
I'm pretty excited, and I have two words for you: EDIBLE GLITTER.  I can barely contain myself. Good thing Lar will be out of town, because he might injure his eyes, what with all the rolling they'd be doing.
miss you!
xoxoxoxoxoxo!
Oh, and check out my best friend's blog, she has a VERY exciting weekend planned!

Here are a few pictures of the little darlins!


And yes Mom,  I admit my countertop was not perfectly spotless....I cleaned it up right after. With bleach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay Pam here's a thought for you ......about your dam countertops........ NOT CARING !
REALLY NOT CARING !!!
Love,
Mom