Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Quick Update


I am back and posting...we'll see for how long, but I will try.  Larry and I went on quick trip back to the US.  We needed to take care of a few things that I will post about in a future post.  We primarily stayed in the Seattle area, hanging with Ryan and the fabulous Annabella, but we did dive bomb my family in Detroit.  We snuck into town (giggling and high five-ing our sneakiness) and surprised Debbie and Louie by showing up in their pool.  Her reaction was great...well worth the little white lies.  Then we surprised my family by driving by them at their usual spot on Woodward Ave. during the woodward dream cruise.  Their reaction was also hilarious....even my mom almost biting the dust by choking when she saw us drive by.  It made for some funny jokes the next day, that's for sure.  My family has a sick sense of humor, so you can imagine.  We had a nice relaxing day with them the next day as well, and enjoyed a perfect Michigan summer dinner.  Michigan corn on the cob, tomatoes, cantalope, and one of my favorite things, HOTDOGS.   What can I say...I'm a cheap date.  The trip to Detroit was too short, but I'm really glad we got the chance to do it.  Seattle was fab too...the weather could not have been more perfect.  We spent an idlyic day at the ocean, full of memories I will treasure forever.  Annabella was a dream...she is such a sweet, funny girl.  She really got into hanging with her Grampy and Grammy.  We stayed at her house, so she was super fun...and Larry loved the red headed wake up call.  We did stay a weekend in a hotel, and Annbella was quite impressed with the fold out couch...I kept telling her "this is very, very fancy" and she agreed...too cute!

We are back and getting into the swing of life again in Sing.  I've been super busy with hair, and Larry is back on the day shift.  He is getting ready to start golf lessons, and seems pretty excited about it.  Frankie is speaking to us again, after getting the furry cold shoulder.  He was well taken care of by Catherine and Sarah, but he still prefers his peoples around him all day.

Today we woke up to some bad news from Detroit.  Debbie and Louie had to put their beloved furbaby, Max to sleep.  They are so very sad.  Anyone who has had to put an animal to sleep knows how incredibly shitty it is.  Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. Maxie was a sweet and loving boy...I loved him very much. We were great pals, and  he was the best fur godson I could have asked for. He will be missed by many, many people who loved him so much.

It is also Larry and Gary's birthday today....happy birthday to my very cute hubby and fab bro in law!!  

More tomorrow...hint...it involves noodles.
xoxoxo
Pam

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well another country heard from.

cajunsis said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip. I love hearing about your surprise trip to Michigan - I bet it took an act of congress and tape to seal the secret ;-) I am so glad it all worked out so well.

Seattle is awesome - that is all I have to say about that!

I am so sorry about Debs precious furbaby. I will say lots of prayers for them.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Larry and Gary!!!!!!!

Love,
Mary