Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Back in the 313


Yep, It's true...I'm back where I started, in the 313. Well, kinda... our address in Sing is 0313. I find this pretty funny, and Lar points out my '313-ness' often, so it's pretty ironic. The name of our building is the Shangrila...just love that! ha!

Everyone's been asking what kind of place we live in, and for pictures, so here ya go. It's a 3 bedroom apartment, 3 bathrooms, with maids quarters (no, we do not have a maid). It's in a 4 story buliding, in the 'prime' area of Singapore, near the main shopping area ( although pretty much every area is a shoppng area, it seems to be the national pastime) Our complex has a lot of ex-pats, as well as locals. It's pretty swanky, and we know how lucky we are!! There is fantastic pool, workout facilites, common areas, as well as use of the Shangrila hotel's workout room and pool (it's right across the street).

We've spent the last few weeks getting it furnished and put together, as Lar wanted to wait untill I was here to get stuff with me(He wanted me to be sure and write that he was waiting for me, and that he surely could have handled it on his own, so there ya go, my first letter to the editor) We aren't sure how long we will be here, so we've been pretty conservative on what we've gotten. It's mostly from Ikea (they pronounce it eee-key-aah here) and I found a pretty nifty dining set on the singapore craigs list for a steal. My favorite part is the HUGE tub in the bathroom I use, it has jets (Linda!! you'd love it!) and the big kitchen. Lots of cupboard and counter space. The oven is super teeny though, but it's just me and Lar so it's ok. Even if we wanted to spend 95.00 on a turkey for thanksgiving, it probably wouldn't fit! ( yes, it's true, I saw frozen turkeys at the expat grocery store for that much....crazy, huh?) Larry's favorite room is his "Man room". He has a bathroom, shower, tv, computer,all his olympic stuff,and camera equipment, and when he's tired of me, he can close the door and escape. ha! I have an office of sorts too, but it's really the guest room, so come visit, we have a bed for you! But I set up a swell little area for my laptop, pictures of home, Kermit, music, my hair stuff,books...the things that make me happy, it's a nice little nook, and I'm spending a lot of time in here.
We still have a few things we'd like to do, like get some of Larry's photo's blown up and framed for the living room, maybe a rug for the front door, that kinda stuff.
We were walking one day to go do something ( can't remember what) and I said to Lar " I keep waiting to wake up, this is the coolest dream!" He said "Me too!!" ha! so, we're enjoying our first place together, and I'm loving that we get to do the decorating and stuff together, it's been a hoot ( Lar might not agree....).
K, I have a whole list of stuff to blog about, so everyone that's been asking questons and stuff...I promise, all will be answered!
Thanks for all the comments as well!
Smooches!
Pam

id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5124551447128139394" />

















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice who's your cleaning lady??
Love,
MOM

Pam said...

She's very nice, pretty too...about 5'5, a little chubby, around 35. You'd like her, she does a good job.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I check your blog daily. Andy
p.s. You write well.

Anonymous said...

Pam, your place looks GREAT!

I love the blog. Update often!

Love,
Mo

Anonymous said...

HEY Pammypoo ~
I love your place !!!!!!!!!
The time change is so crazy !!!!!!!
And your so flippen far !!!!!!!
I looked on the globey AGH... eons away ....
Miss your face !!!!!!!!!
xxoo
Marlee ~