Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Night Safari




I'm a little late in posting this, we actually did the night safari over thanksgiving weekend. Oh well, better late than never. It was pretty neat! The Singapore zoo opens up at night, and showcases it's more nocturnal animals, and takes you around on a tram. I think Lar and I were both hoping for a little more excitement, and the line of the the night was " it's the zoo....at night." But they try to make it more of a night time event, and there were bars all over the zoo, which I thought was kinda funny. The best exhibt was the fruit bats...they were very active, and were flying around our heads. It took me a minute to gain a little composure, and not run around screaming, but once I did, it was pretty cool to be able to check them out up close. Some of them were huge, and the wing span really surprised me. They also used their wings as hands....super cool. Overall, it was a pretty cool thing to go and see. We can mark it off our list! ha!
I'll post again this week...I've been slacking!
love and miss you all!
xoxoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have been running all around sreaming at the top of my lungs! Bats !!

Anonymous said...

Pam,
I am an old (think high school) friend of Larrys. He sent me yall's Christmas card, which by the way was totally kick ass, and put your blogspot addy on the back. You are a very entertaining writer, and I look forward to hearing about your adventures in Singapore and also as Larrys wife!
Good luck in both and Merry Christmas to you both!
Bonnie Conder

Anonymous said...

Question:
How come this Bonnie person above my comment received a Christmas card and Mom and Dad did not get a card??????? What's up with that????