Saturday, February 2, 2008

And the winner is....


Hello everyone!  I just loved all your ideas, and the late saturday night entries and ensuing internet hi-jinx had Larry and I laughing for the whole week.  I now know where I get my surpreme dorkiness from.  I come by it naturally.  I am related to a big bunch of goofballs. (I'm referring to the drunken posts from my family members, those of you who were sober, please ignore)  Thanks to all who entered, it was really hard to pick. I've taken so long to pick, because every time I go to do it, I have a small anxiety attack...what if those that aren't picked are hurt?  I am very thankful I don't have the kinda of job that requires big decisions concerning other people...ugh.(ok, yes, I know I'm not working right now, but you know what I mean)  Below are all the ideas:


********************************************************************************
Ok, I came up with another idea. Add in some thoughts from the hubby. This is all new too. So, maybe you could give him a paragraph to tell his thoughts. Every once in a while. If he's shy, he can tell you and you can write it for him. But, how's he enjoying living there? How is he adapting. And of course, he can also tell about how fantastic it is to be married to you! LaTrisha

OK, I know I'm late, and I have no good excuse. And, the ideas already listed are great, so I had a tough time coming up with some more. But here goes:
1. What I love about Singapore
2. Technology That Empowers Me
3. Somebody Has to Say It
4. Ten Guilty Pleasures
5. Friends I Cant Wait to Meet
6. Interview With a Local
7. Favorite New Foods
8. What things cost in Singapore
9. Links to my favorite blogs
10. Top 10 Favorite Things about Larry

Have fun! Terri J

**************************************************************************************************************************************

Wow Pam, so rich and beautiful are all those places you have been! I'm glad you guys are checking things out. What is your favorite dish so far? Music?

Peace and Love,
Connie Koss Hansen

********************************************************************************************************
How about your deep deep thoughts on how much your life has changed. Sort of how different everything is, like you did at Christmas time. How it would be different if you were here VS. now being in Singapore and how maybe your values have changed, or maybe your outlook. Whew...................!!!!
Does that make any sense to you?
No matter what I just love your blog and think you are a great writer.
Love,
Mom
xoxoxoxo
**************************************************************************************************************
Hi Pam!

Interview a Singapore resident each time you go to a different spot on the island. You could ask the person about their religion, opinions about the USA, their hobbies, or anything you would like to know about. Don't forget to take their picture. Did I win???????

Love,
Mary
*************************************************************************************************************
~I would love to see more snapshots of your everyday surroundings, like the grocery store, the library etc.
~I think it would be cool if you started a feature where you try one new food/restaurant and post pics and a review each week.
Or you could try cooking a local dish complete with photos and Lar's opinion (kinda like the pioneer woman).
~You caould have a theme for each day of the week on your blog like Touring Tuesdays or Weird-Sighting Wednesdays.

I read a ton of blogs and enjoy those that post 4-6 times a week, 3-4 paragraphs about their like and include photos 95% of the time. (I know I do *not* do the same on my blog but I dream about it!)

I miss you like crazy BFF.
xoxoxo, deb
**************************************************************************************************************
I've been trying to think of something since I saw your post. I like some of the ideas already mentioned. But here's my suggestion: what languages are spoken and can we all learn a new word of phrase once a week? Perhaps something along those lines?

LaTrisha
***********************************************************************************************************
Hi Pam, I have loved reading your blog....I would love to see:
1.What is the furniture like in the homes?
2.What are the window coverings, treatments like?
3. Dishes, tableware?
4. Clothing?
5. How they live day to day VS how we live in our homes everyday?
The little things.

Love, Ruth Bischoff
*************************************************************************************************************
Hi Pam,
I love all the ideas. I just like to read about all your adventures.
My ideas is I would like to learn about the children and family life there. Do the kids get involved in all the sports and activities like our kids do. Do they have all the techno toys like the kids here, phones, ipods, playstation and so on?
Is there any soccer moms or do most of the mothers work outside of the home.

Love, cousin Jenny Ludwick
*******************************************************************************************************************
Ok, here is the Latty idea, Brilliant I must say..

idea # 1-You need to get a mascot of some sort, say a little stuffed pickle ( for LAR, he LOVES pickles) & EVERYWHERE you go take the pickle & take, pictures .. In every shot you take the pickle MUST BE IN IT SOMEWHERE so us losers back here in the states can do kinda of a "where Waldo" type thing & look for the pickle. 

Ok, 

Idea # 2
Singapore Trivia ! Ask us questions & give us 1 right answer & 3 wrong answers. Those of us who guess it correct get our names in a hat for a drawing at the end month for some of that poo stuff you love so much. Not sure how you would send it but I am smakin my lips already ! That s*#* SURE LOOKS TASTY! 

Idea # 3:
Do a Deal or No Deal game.. create a board full of numbers that we can pick from. whomever picks the "correct" number gets to send you junk food from Michigan.. I'm thinking Laffy Taffy, Vernors, Koegel Viennas, maybe some Frankenmuth Chicken..
The Latty family
**********************************************************************************
Second runner up:  Terri J. ~ great ideas, very well thought out!
First runner up: Cousin Jenny ~ good stuff, never even thought to write about that!
And the winner is:
 With the entry that had us laughing and shaking our heads to where the hell we will find a stuffed pickle, The Latty family.
Expect your very exclusive prizes in the mail in about 2 months.  Just kidding, but the mail here is super slooooow, so it will be a while.
Again, all the ideas were awesome, and I will write about them all.  Thanks for all the great ideas!  And I'll do another contest at some point.
xoxoxoxo!
Pam


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A stuffed pickle won!!?
What the....................??

Anonymous said...

I'm so honored to have been mentioned among the winners - but I have to admit - I think the pickle idea is brilliant! Check this out:

http://bigidea.com/products/toys/toys_content.aspx?pid=238

Larry the Pickle! (OK, maybe he's a cucumber - but it will work!)

Congratulations to the winners!
Terri J.

Anonymous said...

Stuffed pickle OH FOR GODS SAKE !

Anonymous said...

omg, I am SO HONORED! I will be looking for a stuffed pickle at EVERY store I go to! I AM ON A MISSION NOW!


"I would like to thank the academy.."

I am geeked!
whew------------

Janet

PS see Jen, you ARE a dork!

Anonymous said...

I Know how to get Larry the Pickle!!! Larry the cucumber is a character on veggietales (one of Nicholas' very fav shows...). So, you just take the pickle, add a LOT of vinegar (mmm, my favorite!), add some pickling spices, you know allspice, cloves, cinnamon, etc, brew it up, put it in some very hot jars, add kosher salt to preserve it, and in a couple months, wala! You now have Larry the Pickle, formerly known as Larry the Cucumber... tada!
Ask me anything about canning, I'm from Vassar.
Aims

Anonymous said...

Thanks Pam, for the runner's up spot, Although the Latty'a idea is good, They were still late. Janet "never" follows the rules. All the ideas were great. I can't wait to read about them all.

Cant't wait to get my prize...... I'm sooooo excited.

Love Jenny

Anonymous said...

Jenny my love, I've taught you well. You are the best cuz' you do play by the rules! The Latty family was late AGAIN!
Love,
Cousin Sue

Anonymous said...

I DO PLAY by the rules.. my own rules! My Mama always said " be yourself" so guess what. In MY mind I had an extenion SO I DID! AND WON !!!!

I will see you on the red carpet when I except my very exclusive prize.

Janet