Monday, April 21, 2008

The Eagle Has Landed!

Who said you can never go home again? I've been in Michigan a few days now, and have been having a great time. My Parents came to get me at the airport, vernors ready and waiting. The past few days have flown as I suspected they would. Couple that with jet lag and I'm a little punchy! I got to spend friday with Deb, and she brought me lots of fun stuff for my birthday! My favorite is a personalized Kleenex box from here. So cool!! Can you imagine? Deb and I always buy these funky boxes for each other, so it was a really thoughtful gift. Definiately something special to bring back to Sing with me.

Saturday, I went to a birthday party for my cousin Andy's daughter (Hi Andy!), Abby. She turned 3, and it was a princess party. So fun! She was a perfect princess, and really seemed to like her party. My other cousin, Karen had her girls dressed up in the chinese outfits Larry and I got them for Christmas...I think they stole the show. So cute! It was great to see everyone, almost like I never left. I'd post pics, but dumb dumb me forgot my camera...I put it in my purse, so I won't miss anymore photo opps. Moments lost, as larry said when I told him.

Sunday I did a few haircuts ( good thing I packed the scissors!), then Deb, Louie and Mary came over for Sunday dinner. It was super yummy, and my mom made some of my faves. Bumpy cake cupcakes for dessert, thanks to Deb and Lou. Yummo!
So, it's been a great few days, and the coming week is jam packed with stuff. AND! I am FINALLY MEETING HOPE KURTH!!!! YAY!!! A full afternoon of head sniffing is in store...I hope she's ready!
I'll try and post again soon, and if anyone wants to reach me, email or call me at the rents!
xoxoxo
Pam

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunday dinner was awesome!!!!! Pam's favorite things were fantastic. Oh my gosh, onion soup with some really GOOD cheese; the best pasta ever with just a hint of lemon, and lots of butter; a delightful spinach salad with the best dressing; and do I need to mention the new and improved shrimp with pea pods? My favorite thing of the day was the company.

Love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you on Saturday. I LOVE the gift you got Abby. Read you soon!

Anonymous said...

What are vernors? A Michigan thing?