Thursday, September 4, 2008

Meet Frank.



Frank it is.  We took a week, bounced all the great names you all sent in around, and narrowed it down to a few.  Frank is my dad's nickname, and when we called the cat by it, he turned and looked at us.  He never really responded to the other names, so he seems to like it. Naming him after his Grandfather seemed fitting. We also got a call from the SPCA, checking in on us, and making sure things were going ok.  We received some different info on Frank's background. We were originally told he was a stray that had never had a home, and was at the shelter a long time.  The adoption counselor that Larry spoke to said that he had only been at the shelter for about 4 or 5 months, and most likely had a home, and family that cared for him. That explains his well fed tummy, and his ear tattoo. Makes me a little said for his former owners.  He's a great cat, and he's really turing out to be a sweetie. One of the names we talked about was Velcro, because he is so attached to us.  He likes me well enough, but if Larry is home, I am chopped liver.  He has settled into a cozy spot, right between our two chairs, and rests his head on Larry's arm.  It's pretty stinkin cute.
Thanks again for all the great input!
                                       
                                         Working hard.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee Milton is cute! Opps I meant what was that name? oh yeah, Frank Furry!!!!

Stephanie Beltran said...

Too Cute! And I Love the name ... he totally looks like a Frank to me - a cutesy name would not have fit.... Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam,

I was really hoping for Meow Ming or Karl. I am so happy that you have such a great purr-o-lator. Happy Petting!

Anonymous said...

Frank is good! short sweet. My neighbors have a cat named Don.. That makes me laugh. I love it when cats get people names!

Frank Frank bo Bank
Banana Fanana mo Mank
Fee Figh mo Lank
FRANK !!

it works SO WELL !

Janet

Anonymous said...

Frank sure looks cute in your new photos! He is very very handsome.

Anonymous said...

Hey Janet,
Let's do CHUCk !! Chuck Chuck bo buck Banana Fanana Fo ........ ???

Anonymous said...

It's been a long road, but worth the trip. A grandcat to wear the name. I'm truly honored. I'd like to thank the academy...blah, blah, blah!

Anonymous said...

bIG fRANK ...

YOU NEED TO GET OUT MORE..

Debbie said...

Awwwww, Rick, just what you have always wanted, a big pussy named after you! :-D
xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Oh Deb that is very funny! LOL.......

Anonymous said...

Don't ever forget...BIG PUSSY was a bad Mutha!!!!

cajunsis said...

Great name! I am glad Frank has been named. He is so friendly
:-) Love his favorite place too. No different that kids - he is with you all day and you are fun, but when 'dad' comes home, you are... yeah, chopped liver.