Saturday, March 21, 2009

Like George and Weezy


Well, it's official.  We are moving from our current flat into a new town house.  Our lease is up at the end of the month, and after going round and round, we decided to look at other housing options.  A friend of mine lives in the Ang Mo Kio neighborhood, and mentioned there was an opening at her complex.  After much wrasaling (yes, I said wrasaling....) with our leasing agent (she didn't want us to move, she would lose money), we were finally able to convince her we know what we are doing by moving to a more "local" area, and out of the safety net of the expat neighborhood we live in now. Our new place is a lot more roomy, has two patios (yes!!  TWO!!!).  We are getting packed up, and will be in our new place by the end of the week.  I will post pictures soon!  And I will send out a change of address email in the next day or so.  

Not wanting to dull the still shimmering memory of the Motley Crue concert, here is a short video for the Indigo Girls concert last week.  Larry and I can now say we've been to one concert from the other's musical taste.  Overall, he enjoyed the girls very much....and oh my....their lush harmonies and intricate vocals....mmmm, mmmm, mmmm....hard to shake, even a week later.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Second time trying to comment-here goes. Thanks for the video reminder-what a roaring good concert. I am so envious of your new home and I haven't even been there yet! Sarah

Anonymous said...

nice pic of you and hubby.

Anonymous said...

Not to sure about the concerts BUT I can say when I saw that picture of George & Weezy that song is running through my head now..

"cuz were movin on up..."


"like George & Wheezy"

I love Wheezy

Janet

cajunsis said...

Congrats on the new home :-) Good luck on your move - and have a happy birthday if I don't see you.

Sounds like you had a great time at the concert.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Pam!!!!!!

Love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Pam!!!! Hope you have a fun day.. Any plans???

Love, cousin Jenny

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY B DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go do something CraZZZZZZZZZY


Janet

Tim French said...

Pam forgot to mention anything about her new digs. I have seen it, and it is just a little larger then the Emperor's palace in the forbidden city that Shea Thomas had recently visited. I am pretty sure that Pam and Larry have more bathrooms however. Hopefully Pam will post some photo's of it. It is dramatic. Thank You again Pam and Larry, Kae and I had a really great time. By the way how do you get cane marks off your back?

Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

Post something! typical blogger!

Ellen said...

hey what's happening you have not written lately. something wrong?

Anonymous said...

What up > were you at>??????

Lori said...

Yeah, where have you been?? Something wrong?

Lori said...

Post something for goodness sake. Where are you???

Anonymous said...

ummmmmmmmmm what up??

... said...

Can't wait to see pix of your new place! And I'm SO glad you enjoyed the Indigo Girls. They're my absolute favorite. I swear they speak to the soul!

Love,
Mo

Ellen said...

How about a post, now that you are settled in your new place?

Karen said...

at least change the picture.

gerime said...

Yeah, do change that picture, where you at?

Pam said...

MOM STOP!!! I will post when I can.

Anonymous said...

Pam,
I have been following your blog for a few months. Just moved here from Australia and was wondering if you are still cutting hair? I am interested in getting a haircut when you are not busy.
Thanks, Christy
ckkeith@yahoo.com