Friday, May 15, 2009

Did You?



Did you wake up this morning, trip over the cat, make the coffee, make breakfast, kiss your husband, feed the cat, say goodbye to your husband, feed the cat, settle down in the arm chair with coffee, tell the cat he is DONE eating,  flip open your laptop, read emails, tell the cat to get off the keyboard, that you're trying to type,  then look up and see THIS on your garden wall? 


 No?

 Well I did!  After I stopped standing there like a doorknob with my mouth hanging open, I rushed around trying to find my camera.  I contemplated running up and down the 376 stairs in my house to look for it, but decided to enjoy the moment instead, and watch this beautiful bird. He hopped around my garden for a bit, flew up onto the wall, then into a tree in my neighbors garden.  I wondered why I heard so much shrieking from the other birds, and then realized he was eating eggs out of a nest...sad, but part of life.  He then hopped onto a skinny, one branch palm tree and hung there for a few minutes before flying away.  It was SO cool!!  Sometimes I think I've become jaded or accustomed to the amazing things I see while living here.  Oh, look a Monkey!  Yawn......yeah, big deal.  But this morning, it's kinda neat to see I can still be amazed. I hope he comes back!





4 comments:

cajunsis said...

A TOUCAN? You mean they are not just pictures on the side of a cereal box? Did you see a giraffe too? lol...

Wow! The best I have seen (besides our little monkeys) are the wild parakeets. I have a new creature to watch for!

Glad you had the experience - now get that camera posted by the patio - I need proof ;-) Oh! And please inform Frankie he cannot eat Toucan for dinner.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this story.. Think his name was Sam?

Janet

Anonymous said...

Great story Pam! You could name him Tommy.

Love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

are you done blogging? I am ever so sad.