Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Hi Everyone! It's Thursday morning in Sing, and you are all probably getting ready for bed on Wednesday night. So, technically, it's Thanksgiving for me and Lar. However, we decided to celebrate on Friday, so we're right in sync with our families, and because Lar is off on Friday. We're having roast chicken, and all the other thanksgiving stuff. Then we might walk up to Orchard street, and see all the Christmas lights and decorations. We just got an invite to go for turkey dinner tonight at an american resturant, with some Boeing guys...should be fun! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday, eat well, rest, and be safe. And Mom? Put turkey on the list of things I want when I come home in the spring! And vernors. Preferably together. And a coney dog. Preferably not together.

Lar returned home from his business trip to Seattle, late Tuesday night. It is VERY good to have my Hubby home. I did fine without him, but 13 days alone in a new country is a loooong time. I was worried I'd start actually answering the voices in my head....kidding...heehee. His work stuff went well, because he's a genius....(you can pay me later), and he had a good visit with Ryan, Annabella and Ronnie. Ryan and Bella are doing great, and Lar reports that Bella is getting tall and sassy! Excellent!

While he was there, he had a shopping list for Target that we had compiled. Because stuff is so expensive here, we figured it would be a good idea for him to bring an extra suitcase, and stock up on some things we use, but that are too expensive here, or that we can't find. I asked for bubble bath, and poultry seasoning, bendy straws ( they make me sooo happy!) pretzels, among other things. Lar had 2 cases of his beloved 'Best Made' dill pickles shipped to Seattle, and packed those up too. It was fun unpacking all our goodies, and I just love that we now have enough poultry seasoning to last us for a good 25 years of marriage, maybe even more. I might try to sell some on the Ex-Pat Black Market, along with the 10 packs of bubbalicisous bubble gum.

Gobble Gobble everyone! Miss you!
xoxoxo

He was REAL happy! good hair too!


Me too!



Perhaps I shouldn't have turned on the jets...


If there is ever a shortage, we're SET!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Turkey,coney dogs and vernors ! Got it ! Happy thanksgiving to you and Lar.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Pam & Lar!!!

Pam, I can't believe you turned on the jets. But now, I know how they do it on the commercials. The best part is I wonder, with that many bubbles, do you have like three inches of water in there? Or were you able to really fill the tub?

Lots of Love!! Trish

... said...

Happy Turkey Day! Hope your 1st one together was extra special!

Love,
Mo

Debbie said...

For a BF I don't leave enough comments....
I. miss. you.
damn.......
Deb

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your seeing alot of great places. Love all the pictures, The bubbles are great. Love, Jen

Anonymous said...

okay so Thanksgiving was a week ago any other news??? BORING ! Typical blogger you post a bunch the first two weeks and then NOTHING ! Post something for goodness sake!!!

Pam said...

If you're gonna post a nasty comment, have the BALLS to sign your name.

Unknown said...

I was recently asked by my company to consider a post in Singapore. I've enjoyed reading your blog and would like to ask some questions about working in Singapore. You can email to sanderson@ibuscompany.com. Thanks