Friday, October 17, 2008

You Haven't Lived.



A recent conversation between Larry and I:

Larry: Motley Crue is coming to Fort canning Park, wanna go?
Me: (guffawing,trying to breathe, snickering,gasping) Um, DUH....how could we NOT go??
Larry: Ok, order tickets.
Me: Honey?
Larry: (warily)Yes?
Me: Can I wear my leather bustier, and leopard print stretch pants?
Larry: Um, do you own a leather bustier and leopard print stretch pants?
Me:  Well, no.  But I could.
Larry: Maybe you should try to 'blend in'.
Me: hhhmmmppffttttt. (pouting)
Me: Honey?
Larry: (sighing) Yes?
Me: Can I rat my hair real big and wear an inappropriate amount of eyeliner?
Larry: (rolling eyes) Sure, go for it.
Me: SAAWEEEET.

So, I've heard you haven't lived until you've seen a rock show in Asia.  Not only did we see one, but it was the venerable aging rock gods in Motley Crue.  This was their first time in Singapore, and it was an awesome show.  I was fully prepared to make snarky comments all night about how old they are, and how they needed walkers to get to the stage.  In reality, I only made a few.  The show was great, and the crowds were a hoot.  Lots of middle age expats squeezed into leather and do-rags.  Loads of Americans so stinkin happy to have a little taste of home that everyone was their best friend.  Larry made friends with some very friendly and very drunk Indian fellows that couldn't get enough of him or beer.  We think they passed out after 2 songs. Once the band got started, the crowds really let loose and it was mayhem. Everyone was so excited they were here, and the vibe was electric.  I can't remember the last time I had that much fun.  

p.s. For the record, I did leave the house with HUGE, fabulous hair, but the minute we got to the concert it fell in the humidity and heat, so I threw it up.  Just sayin.

3 comments:

Leone Fabre said...

Heard it was a a hoot of a night!!!!!

Glad you had fun. :-)

Trying to contact you via email, maybe you have changed the eddress?

Can you email me... ?

leonefabre(AT)gmail(DOT)com

enjoy your day.... ciao, leone

Anonymous said...

Well, to hell with that blend in sh**t-let's go look for those leopard pants and the leather bustier-only I want a red one. S.

cajunsis said...

Sounds like you had a blast - but you definitely needed those leopard pants - and we needed pictures! Humidity definitely does not work with 'big hair'.

Glad you got to feel the energy of a rock concert again - amazing isn't it?