Friday, August 15, 2008

Debbie Was Right.



Sigh.  I admit it, occasionally she is correct.  Anyway, She finds most (ok, some) of her information on the scrap book message boards.  She is a font of useful, and sometimes obscure knowledge she gleans from the boards.  I do my best to make fun of her for this at every opportunity.  It's my job, and I am a strong worker.   Anyway, I'm not too proud to say when she is right, and I benefit from the info.  A few months ago, she asked me if she could give someone on the message boards my blog address, because the woman was moving to Singapore.  I said, sure, then forgot about it.  Well, a few weeks ago, I heard from the woman.  She emailed me, asking a few questions about moving to Sing.  We've been emailing ever since, and today, we met up at my Singapore version of target, Ikea.  She's from Louisiana, and since I have a deep and abiding love for all things southern (um, Larry, greens, funny accents), I knew right away we'd be buddies.  Plus, she told me she'd teach me to make okra, so that pretty much sealed the deal.  
Sooooo...thanks Deb, for being, the brilliant, supportive, friend.  And figuring out 20 gazillion miles away, how to help me find someone I could hang out with.  I don't know how you do it, but I think perhaps you should run for president.  Or maybe queenhood.   And Euvah? Thanks for moving here, and being so fun!  We're gonna have a blast!

9 comments:

cajunsis said...

Doesn't it just suck when you have to suck it up and admit someone is right? I agree Debbie, thanks for the connection - we had a great time and I think we can get into a LOT of trouble together ;-)

Debbie said...

YAY, YAY, YAY!!!!! I am so glad you two met and had a Love Connection, lol, where is Chuck Woolery when you need him??? I think you two will help each other find all the GREAT things about Singapore and have someone who truly gets the not-so-fun parts of living there.
My work here is done.
xoxox

Anonymous said...

Well done Chuck Jr.

Love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Is Cajunsis another side of Larry?

Pam said...

another side of Larry? ya lost me Lori G. ?

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam,
So glad to read that you have found a new friend. It really is a small world. I love reading your blog and following your adventures. My husband (from Louisiana,) and I(from Texas)are here in Sing for a year or so and your blog is one of my favorite things. Sarah

Pam said...

Hi Sarah,
thanks for the note, maybe sometime you can hook up with Euvah and I for coffee or something...we can talk about southern things! ;-) email me if you want pgrulich@aol.com

Pam

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam,
I guess my question is, is that Larry your husband that is holding that camera? The one signed Cajunsis?

Pam said...

Oh, got it Lori! Nope, Cajunsis is Euvah the new friend that moved here from Louisanna. Check out her blog, it's great!