Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Beginning To Look Like Christmas

In a counter strike against the ol' homesick blues that like to sneak up and bite me on my ample booty, I've been decorating and getting stuff ready for Christmas.  I made cards this year (it didn't go well, please keep your guffawing to yourselves when they arrive), I'm baking and making fudge for gifts for Larry's office mates, and getting gifts ready to bring home.  It's been fun, and it's been a good distraction.  The minute I let myself be quiet for a little bit though, the bug takes a good chunk...so...busy I will try and stay!

Our cute little Charlie Brown tree from Ikea, flown all the way from the US in a refrigerated container!


Larry brought this little guy back from China.  I added the festive hat.

                                    Chestnuts roasting over an open fire...in Chinatown.



This is Frank and his big hairy butt on the Christmas place mats.  (don't worry, if you come over for dinner, I won't give you that one to eat off of!)

                   This a Singapore Santa...I found him at a craft fair...we think he's pretty nifty.

Hope your Holiday prep is going well too...today I attempt my first solo fudge making of the famous Rick Schuler Christmas fudge...results tomorrow!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you have just put me further into the Christmas spirit. I think tea tomorrow will just be the topper. Can't wait. S

cajunsis said...

Your place looks beautiful - I have yet to put up a tree! Love the Singapore Santa and the china man guy with a santa hat - and of course I love the Frankie boy. I think he needs a santa hat as well!

Be sure to tell us how the fudge comes out. I don't think I am making any this year :-(

Leone Fabre said...

It really is a lovely and festive tree.....

am also waiting to hear about the fudge and hope that you covered it in foil as it sits there tempting you in the refrigerator!

... hang in there my friend, I know it is a difficult time of year. Keep that beautiful smile on your face as much as possible. :-)

Try and come over for lunch + a swim while we are over at Batam, would love to see you both.

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays, Pam and Larry,
Love your tree, its the perfect size. My dad would of loved the Santa. Very cute... Hope your fudge doesn't turn out like his. You had to use a spoon. Ha Ha Ha.
Happy HO HO HO
Luv, Jen

Anonymous said...

Pam,
Everything looks so pretty..

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... < humming along.>

know any different Sing holiday traditions?

Love the Sing Santa..
Do Brian & I get a card ? or did you run out of Kitty Glitter , not litter , GLITTER ! I am cracking myself up !

Janet

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam,

I love Singapore Santa's pretty outfit! Everything looks great.

Love,
Mary