Thursday, December 4, 2008

Something Fishy A Foot

I've been wanting to try a fish pedicure since I got to Sing,  so I finally had the chance this week with my buddies.  There is a new fish spa that opened right up the street from our house, so after a day of doing hair and lunch, we checked it out.  You wash your feet, and sit on benches that surround a big fish tank.  The tank is filled with Doctor Fish, just ready and waiting to nibble on the dead, calloused skin on your feet and legs.  I didn't know what to expect, and it is definitely sensory overload at first.  The fish swarm your feet at first and it's such a  weird feeling!  It doesn't hurt at all, and once you get accustomed to the feeling, it's actually very relaxing and fun.  My close friends and family know my little secret about my fred flinstone feet....they are majorly calloused and kinda gross ( Larry is thinking "Kinda??")  I have tried everything under the sun to get rid of it...I even have a dremmel tool I use ( seriously??  did I just write that for the whole flippin world to read?!?!)  Anyway....after the fish were done with my feet, they immediately signed up for weight watchers.  My feet felt great, and the fishies had a nice BIG meal.  Larry and I had joked previously that they would all eat so much the fish would be belly up after I left...I'm happy to report no fish were harmed in the treatment of my feet.
Here are a few videos from the experience.  I'm bringing Larry back this weekend, so he can experience it too.






P.S.  Don't ya just hate the sound of your own voice?? I'm seriously cringing over here in Sing!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOO FUNNY! I actually laughed out loud when I read the part about the fish going to weight watchers. You are so FUNNY! Looks like it was fun, did the feet feel nice afterwards?
Love,
MOM

Pam said...

Yep, nice and soft, not completely callous free, obviously, but better. My legs really feel smooth though! If you come to Sing, I'll take you guys!

Melanie said...

I've heard of this and was terrified of trying it...I tend to hate change. Huh, imagine an expat hating change? But I read your post and now I think I may try it. I have hideous feet as well and nothing works!

Anonymous said...

OMG ! This freaks me OUT ! WOW< how funky is this?? I will try ANYTHING once, but OMG ! How bizarre!

Here fishy fishy fishy...

Janet

PS give us more LIVE video.. totally cool!

Anonymous said...

that was the most terrifying thing I have ever seen!

cajunsis said...

Wasn't it the coolest thing ever? Did Larry go with you this weekend? I can't wait to go again.

Anonymous said...

Hey Pam,
I was just reading about it and it honestly freaked me out also watching the fish attack your friends feet!
aghhhhh....must feel really weird.
Love and Kisses,
Lori