Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sparkle Cat

So, I stumbled out of bed today, bleary eyed and trying not to trip over Frank as we made our way into the kitchen.  Frank was protesting loudly about his bowl being 1/3 full.  I went about my morning routine, turning on the kettle, throwing a load of laundry in, scooping out the litter box.  After Frank ate for five full minutes, and drank a full bowl of water, he was lounging on the little rug I have by the sink, lolling about, looking content and cute.  Something caught the corner of my eye.  Something sparkly.  I looked more closely at Frank.  To my horror, I realized he was COMPLETELY covered in glitter.  I had been making my christmas cards, and had left a plate of the leftover glitter on the table over night.  With dread in my heart, I walked as if in slow motion to the table.  My worst fears had been realized.  He had turned the plate over, and laid in the glitter.  I'm sure there was some rolling around too.  And jumping up and down from all the chairs.  Then walking all over the entire house before I could find this little surprise and clean it up.  I thought it was sweet that Larry had glitter at his hair line when he came to bed....I thought '"hmmm, maybe he was looking at the cards".  Now I know he was holding Frank.  Frank, the sweet, not overly bright, intensely loyal little guy I wanted so badly.  Frank the extremely mischievous little guy that gets into EVERYTHING and makes us laugh so hard we gasp, every day.

Anyone want him?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH OH Pick me! LOVE the FRANK !

btw? is his last name Sinatra?
just wondering..

Janet

cajunsis said...

Oh so he is Sparkles Frank now huh? rofl... aren't cats wonderful? And you thought he loved you - he was just sitting by and waiting for you to notice his glittery self - you know, all innocent and everything.

Cats.
Are.
Not.
Innocent.

They ARE cute, however. And in your case, sparkly.

You will be now have sparkles in your eyes until you move back to the states - and not from L either!

Anonymous said...

Anyone want Frankie??
Where does the queue start?
Sarah

Anonymous said...

I dont want Frank, but for sure want a Christmas card

Anonymous said...

How much to ship his furry butt to Michigan??

Anonymous said...

Hey Frank--sparkles make me happy too!

Debbie said...

My godson makes me proud! You have to figure out how to harness that for good. Leave out a plate of Comet and then he can go roll in the bathtub, then he will be Scrubby Kitty!