Saturday, July 5, 2008

Glen Arbor

One of the fun side trips we had planned was to go to the lake house my parents won at a charity auction.  It's in beautiful, picturesque Glen Arbor, Michigan, right on Lake Michigan.  Larry and I planned our trip home around the week in Glen Arbor, and boy was it worth it.  We got to spend time with my parents, my cousins, uncles, aunts, and Debbie and Louie.  We've never had a vacation together, so it was pretty neat.  Louie did a lot of cooking, and kept us all laughing.  I took larry to see Chalfonte House in nearby Elk Rapids, and lunch at  Don's diner (yum).  We went to the sleeping bear dunes national park, and it was sooo beautiful.  The night we went, we had to zoom back to the house to be there for the sunset.  It was cold, but so much fun.  We had a great time with family and friends.  One of my favorite places to be is by the water, especially in northern Michigan, so I was super happy.  I love a good road trip too, so Lar and I loaded up the car, brought some tunes and pickles and hit the road.  It was a really fun trip!


No comments: