Friday, February 13, 2009

From Shea-Friday

Friday February 13th 2009 Shea Thomas

Lots of people say that Friday the 13th is “bad luck day”. I say not! Today I got to see awesome things!
We went down town into Tian’anmen Square and saw some cool things! There were shops and markets. Some people were not in cars, they were on bikes or motorcycles! Some even had cover-ups on them! They were so cool!
Next, we went to the Forbidden City! I learned what the Forbidden City is, it was the Emperors home! Geez! It was HUGE!!!!! And there was only, how many people living there? Like 3 or 4! That’s A LOT of space for just that many people! That place had a lot of stairs. But I didn’t mind. In some places, there was a stone isle where only the emperor could walk. No empresses or anything! Also, it took us almost an hour just to get inside the building! That’s right! When you step into the Forbidden City territory, your not even inside yet! You’ve got a WAYS to go, I’ll tell you that much!
I didn’t really eat much of lunch, I didn’t really like it. So, there’s not much to tell. There was noodles and chicken. The noodles were too…soft for me, and the chicken had this yellow sauce on it that made me loose my appetite. But it wasn’t so bad. We met a Chinese guy that knew English and showed us his office. His professor, for art, had made all of these remarkable paintings and he sold one of them to us! It was a weird looking picture with a man and a woman on it, enough to make out the people, and Chinese writing down the side. The man translated it. He said it means “Dance”. I guess you could see the man and woman in the picture dancing. The pronunciation in Chinese for “Dance” is wo. Just wo.
My mom has been talking about going to the market all day long! So, she got her chance to go to the market. It was like a mall, except all these people were selling different thing for ridiculous prices! Mom would type in, on the calculator, the price she wanted to pay, but they would beg for more. So, if mom typed in 200, they would beg and type in 250. Then, mom would type in 220. They would type in 230. That’s when they would come to an agreement. I got an awesome Roxy jacket in red! It also has blue, grey, and black on it.
So then, we went back to the hotel and chilled out. I started thinking about the next day. Tomorrow, I’ll be walking along the Great Wall of China with my dad’s
co-workers. Exciting! Stay tuned for The Great Wall of China!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is a Roxy jacket? Don't forget to post pictures of the Great Wall!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY SHEA!
Do they celebrate that there??
Hang in there ,the food will get better! :>)

Janet ( Michigan)

Anonymous said...

WOW SHEA!! That sounds like such a cool place to be. I hope you have fun at the GREAT WALL OF CHINA!! I also agree that you should posts pictures!

Have fun,
Nikki =P

p.s. I would also like to wish you and your parents a Happy Valentine's Day!!

Oswald Chong said...

Guess you need to change your blog to Suddenly China... enjoy your trip! It's always nice to see someone enjoy the other side of the world, while I'm on the other side, coming from that side... :P

Anonymous said...

Hey, interesting reading your posts, and no, 13th Friday is never bad, it was my birthday this year :)