Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day One

I'm happy to report Tim and Kae have arrived safe and sound In Singapore!  They survived the flight, and were in good spirits when they came off the plane.  It's hard to put into words what it felt like to have someone you know and love walk through the doors here.  My first year here, all I wished for was a visit from someone.  I slowly let go of that wish, because I figured it was too far, too expensive, ect.  Even when Tim and Kae told me they would come, I didn't let myself get too excited. So to have them here for a visit is pretty darn cool.  I was jumping up and down like a dork, and pretty much bounced and bubbled the whole way back to our place. I'm just thrilled to show them around, and we are looking forward to exploring and doing loads of fun stuff.  

Larry was working his last night of night shift, so I was solo on picking them up.  They are still sleeping, and today we are going to the fish spa, per Tim's request.  We're taking it easy today, just hitting the fish place, then dinner.  I will post video of the experience for sure.

Frank the cat is very excited to have guests.  He was more social than I expected him to be last night.  He played with his new toy we brought back from the states (it's like a small playhouse, with holes in it that he pops in and out of) and put on quite the floor show.  Tim is allergic to cats, so like most cats, Frank has laser lock on him, and likes to follow him around.

I will post pictures and videos later!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Did Tim have any gum with him?? Did they want to detain him? How much fun are you gonna have!
Love,
Mom

cajunsis said...

YAY! Glad they made it safely. Hope they bounce that 14 hours quickly. It is a tough turnaround...

I cannot even imagine anyone coming to see us... as you said, too far and too expensive.

Anonymous said...

To My Mother Kae,

Aunt Mary says I am sensitive and strong because I sit outside of her shower door and bark at cars that drive down the street while she showers.

your very sweet dog,
Wil

Anonymous said...

Dear Mom,

Aunt Mary says I am a great hunter because some squirrel messed up her pine tree when I scarred the crap out of him. Mr. "strong and sensitive" didn't even see him. BOL (bark out loud)

Your other dog,
Syd

Anonymous said...

We need pics of Tim in Singapore

Hurry ..

Are they accepting him ??

Anonymous said...

POST SOMETHING FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Day two, day three, day four, day five..................... COME ON POST SOMETHING!!

Demented but happy said...

Hi Pam

Poor Tim - I hope he packed his antihistamine! That's nice that Frank was being so sociable with them and in typical cat fashion has taken to the person who's allergic!

Catherine

Demented but happy said...

You went to the fish spa again?? Are you sure you want to go for a third time with me?!?!?!