Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm Here!


Sorry I haven't posted in a while...I knew I wouldn't.  I am back in the states on our annual home leave, and to say I've been busy is an understatement.  Some hi-lights include: (I'll go into more detail soon, this is just a quickie!)  Hanging out with Deb for a full week of girl talk, jammies all day, laughing, crying and chocolate munching.  It was much needed on both ends.  I spent another week just with my parents, hanging, watching movies, going to the zoo, and a fun trip through our old Detroit neighborhood.  I met up with Larry in Texas for his brothers wedding, and to experience his "homeland" for the first time.  We hung with his my stellar brother and sister in law, their babies, and various friends and family...it was truly a blast.  Larry and I then flew to MI for four days of MORE family and friends, a new tattoo, and superbowl Sunday in the D.  This week I've been catching up on laundry, seeing a few friends, and getting ready to go to Seattle on Thursday to celebrate Annabella's 3rd birthday. I'll be there for the weekend, then come back to Michigan until February 18th.  I will then fly to Tokyo, meet up with Larry in the airport, and we fly home to Sing from there.
So...sorry I have been neglecting the blog....back soon.

Below is a adorable letter my friend Euvah sent me, from Frankie the cat.

 

IMG_0087.JPG

 

Auntie Euvah came over with Auntie Sarah and I was, as usual, not quite so patiently waiting.  This waiting for my people is getting old, but I am always happy to see anyone who comes and talk forever telling them so. Today was no different.  I let Auntie Sarah know that I was starving; I had not been fed for at least a month.  Well, it seemed like a month anyway, but both Auntie Sarah and Auntie Euvah said it had not been that long and shook my food bowl for me.  Ugh, it was that nasty dry food. 

 

You know, I get wet food with Auntie Sarah, maybe you could take lessons from her.  I have come to expect it now.  Maybe you should always give me wet food.  It is very yummy.  I could even wean off of the dry food, right?

 

 

Auntie Sarah set right about getting my wet food out of the refrigerator.  Can you believe she gave me cold food when there is a microwave right there?  Well, I ate it, but I think it should be warmed – and I should get more of it.  I tried to tell her it was not enough for a growing boy, so she filled that dry food bowl and made me eat it.  See her forcing me here?  Oh, wait, that is Auntie Euvah with that stinkin’ light in my face. 

 

IMG_0089.JPG

 

 

No worries, I just ignore her:

 

IMG_0090.JPG

 

 

And I am pretty good at it if you ask her.

 

IMG_0092.jpg

 

 

Then we went in and played on the floor.  Auntie Euvah thought that was a fun thing to do, but she had that light flashing in my eyes.  I am a pretty darned smart kitty though – I tried to take it from her.

 

IMG_0070.JPG

 

 

I tried eating it:

 

IMG_0062.JPG

 

 

Then acting like I didn’t want it after all:

 

IMG_0068.JPG

 

 

I even tried ignoring her:

 

IMG_0083.jpg

 

 

It didn’t work.

 

IMG_0085.jpg

 

 

She tried to brush my hair.  I told her in no uncertain terms was she not going to do that:

 

IMG_0095cr.jpg

 

 

So I held on to that brush for dear life and gave her the evil eye:

 

IMG_0096.JPG

 

 

Auntie Sarah thought we should go play catch.   I am not a dog, but I guess she doesn’t understand that.  I do like to do what she asks me though and I am trying to be very good, so I acted like a dog and went after the toys:

 

IMG_0115.JPG

 

IMG_0110.jpg

 

IMG_0116.JPG

 

 

Anyway, life is ok here.  I really miss you and I wait every day for you to come home. Auntie Sarah is a good Auntie though and she spends lots of time with me.  We even watch tv together.  But I sure miss you:

 

IMG_0101.JPG

 

 

But can tell Aunt Euvah not to come over with that light again?  Please?

 

IMG_0065.jpg

 

 

In the meantime, I will be waiting on you and playing with Auntie Sarah.

 

IMG_0098.jpg

 

 

Love, Frankie (your cat in Singapore)

 

 

Sent by Auntie Euvah *she is good for some things – but she forgot to get a picture of me with my favorite Auntie – Auntie Sarah.  Some Auntie she is – see I told you she is not good for much!

 

2 comments:

cajunsis said...

Glad you enjoyed the letter Pam and are having a wonderful time. We miss you. Can't wait to see you again. Have fun :-)

Leone Fabre said...

LoL..... I can see Frankie is certainly missing you!!!

We are all missing you.

Been very cool here the past few weeks, but now CNY is over, the weather will surely warm up again.

travel safe. :-)