Friday, February 13, 2009

From Shea

Wednesday February 11th 2009

Today is the day! The day that I am leaving! Who knew I’d be going to China?! I am the luckiest kid in the world!
When I got on the plane, my head almost touched thee ceiling! It was the smallest plane I have ever experienced! At least it was only a 1 hour and 42 minute flight.
The flight seemed long and poor. I couldn’t stand it! Every once in a while the plane would bounce and it was very uncomfortable.
Finally, we land! I was a little rolly-polly in there! Now, I am ready for real entertainment!
Wednesday February 11th 2009
Flight #2

I am so ready to sit on a new ride. By the time I arrive, it will be Thursday.
These seats are awesome! They got their own individual televisions plus a remote with video game controls on the back! I am going to be just fine for 14 hours, just fine!
During the flight, I mostly watched movies or played games! I totally kicked some butt in Battleship! We got served dinner which our choices were salmon or beef. It was like 1st class, except for the fact we weren’t on 1st class.
I slept for about 2 hours nonconsecutive. Very uncomfortable.
The last couple of hours were extremely hot. It was burning! Maybe enough to pop popcorn! We got served breakfast about 3 hours before we landed.
The landing was interesting. The runway was different from what there is in Michigan. I couldn’t believe it was China!
China

The airport was quiet. Mom and I were probably the only ones speaking, except for about 3 people. It’s scary how serious these people are. It was like the quietest library in the world!
The ride to the hotel was great! I didn’t wear my seat belt because there was no buckle to click it into! We passed the Olympic nest and the water cube! It really does look like a nest! It was funny listening to the Chinese radio. The radio going off, my parents talking, and the beauty of China passing by out the window.
The hotel has a great, big, golden lobby. It has a pool, but I haven’t seen it yet.
Our hotel room has 1 king size bed. AKA, the “mom and dad” bed. So, I get my own twin bed. We ordered it up and when it got to the room, I thought, “right there is going to be me shoofing.” They set the bed down, made the bed, and WALAH! There’s my bed all fluffed up! What else is there? I’ll just have to wait to answer that question. Tomorrow, I really get to explore China.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your writing, please send More!


Pam's cousin Janet

Anonymous said...

You never told me you were so good at battleship!! We are totally playing when you get back!!!

Have Fun,
Nikki =P